Monday, June 14, 2010

Master Bedroom Design

Remember where I left off with the master bedroom re-design?

Since this picture was taken, I have painted the room and added a 5 inch baseboard and 4 inch crown moulding to the room.  Crown mouldings are fantastic because they are an economic way to add depth and visual interest to a room, not to mention increasing the resale value of the home.
My vision for this room is semi casual french traditional.  I say semi because I want incorporate just enough casual elements that would make you want to dive right into bed; it is a master bedroom after all.  But I still want to retain the air of formalness with the antique furniture and lighting that I am using.  Check it out!

Aren't these '40s antique sconces fab?!  They were saved from a French hotel that is undergoing a major renovation.  Since the room is small and the nightstands I am using are petite, having sconces instead of table lamps help declutter the space.
A bedroom should always be conducive to relaxation so I chose a calming blue grey paint from Restoration Hardware.  FYI, the paint collection carried by RH contains amongst the lowest VOC level in the market.  Being green never hurts!
Appropriately named...Atmosphere Blue

Sheers at 200% full to create privacy but still let light through.  Custom curtains are still in progress.  Whew, it's a good thing my nails were painted when this picture was taken...

Damask = Formal 
The blue damask is a perfect match with the paint!


Circa 1930s English nightstand and I've got two!

Early 1900s French armoire that recently made it across the pond.

Fixtures to match the brass sconces

TO BE CONTINUED.....STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment