Monday, August 9, 2010

Headboard

I was very pleased with how efficient I was over the weekend.  I got work done (day job that pays for all these projects), hung out with friends and family, cleaned the house and hmmm what else?  Oh yeah, I ordered my headboard!!!  I know, I know.  I was supposed to make my own to keep costs down.  However, I found everything I was looking for in this headboard for a little bit more than I would pay for materials to make my own.  Plus, I'm still exhausted from the whole electrical DIY weekend....

Anyhoo, here is the headboard that is very similar to the ones I was admiring in a previous posting:


I love the curves on this; isn't it so Moroccan?  There are two rows of brass nail heads for a little bit of a rustic feel to it and the very top of the headboard is a whopping 66 inches from the floor.  Talk about putting drama in a room!!!  The only disappointment is production time is approximately 12 weeks.



These are the sample upholstery I brought back with me.


I narrowed down to either the grayish blue velvet fabric or the woven golden beige fabric.  Let me tell you, how I loved the velvet one.  It definitely added glamour and the extra oomph to the room.  The woven fabric I liked very much as well.  It did have the casual element that I was looking for to tone down the room.  Being the good wife (and the fact that hubby could not have any input until now), I deferred to him to make the decision and he chose...


The woven fabric!  It would still be a great look in the room but I will probably incorporate the velvet fabric in the form of euro shams and bolsters.  Yes, plural.

Another item crossed off the checklist.

2 comments:

  1. Both fabric choices are great! Yes, definitely use the velvet fabric elsewhere in the room. How about upholstering a chair in the velvet as well as the shams and bolsters? Oooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the headboard from? I love it.

    ReplyDelete